Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sports Through Glasses

On Tuesdays I have decided to take a quick look at sports and the events in the sports world that kind of matter to me. I'll call it Sports Through Glasses.


I'll start with A-Rod. I already wrote about him, but I am going to say, it's nice of him to atleast man-up and profess to using certain performance enhancing drugs that are no deemed illegal in baseball, but it still doesn't change the fact that he used them between 2001 and 2003. Big Papi made a good point. Everyone across the board should be tested for steroids and if they test positive they should have a season-long ban. (That would also help the Sox win, which I'm always in favor of) I have to agree that the MLB, as wlel as many other sports leagues, need to have a more aggresive approach to performance enhancing drugs and the people who test positive for using them.



Pitt recently beat #1 UConn! Wooh! Ever since I went to my first PC basketball game I have been a fan. I don't follow religiously, but I do follow them more than every NBA team that are the Celtics and I am glad to see a number 1, and PC's rival, team being beat. I'm sure DF, a PC Alum, was more than pumped by UConn's loss, though probably would have liked to see PC beat them.

In NFL news the all-time leading rusher for the Jaguars, Fred Tayler, was cut by the team. He was next on the list after Jerry Porter and Drayton Florence. With Maurice Jones-Drew now officially the RB1, we'll see how my Jags do next year. Also let go, only a day later, was Saints RB Deuce McAllister. These two players, both amazing running backs, will be looking for new teams to run with this season as they are not done playing yet.

Matt Kenseth, who started in the 39th position, won the Daytona 500. I don't really care too much about this with my two favorite drivers, Earnhardt Jr. and Martin not winning though they did finish in 27th and 16th, respectively.

That's it for my thoughts on the sports world so far this week. Tune in next week.

No comments: