Monday, February 2, 2009

Greatest Show on Earth!

There you have it folks! The Super Bowl XLIII Champion are the Pittsburgh Steelers after a 27-23 victory over the Arizona Cardinals! And if you're not from Pittsburgh then I'm guessing you don't give a crap, and thats ok, because neither do I. As soon as the Patriots, and my beloved Jaguars, were out of the playoffs I've been rooting for the Cardinals. Not because I like all their players. Not because I like Arizona. Not because I thought they could do it, but because I thought they couldn't. I thought they didn't stand a chance of making it past the Falcons! Nevermind making it to the Super Bowl. But congrats to them anyway. Great team but just couldn't get it together enough to beat Big ben and the Steelers.

As great as the Super Bowl was, the commercials are what I was most interested in. No, I'm not one of those people that watches just the commercials. I love the game of football, but a game between two teams I really don't care for either way just doesn't matter. In all, the commercials were good. Being a movie buff I loved seeing the previews for Year One, Transformers 2, the Will Ferrell comedy Land of the Lost, Fast and Furious, the Dan Brown novel adaptation Angels and Demons, and Dreamworks Monsters vs. Aliens. I also enjoyed many of the other commercials like GoDaddy.com, the E*Trade baby, Hulu, the Bud Light meeting, the Coca-Cola heist and the Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head Firestone commercials but my favorite (and runner-up) are posted below.




I guess I just really enjoy the physical comedy and the way all the guys take the pain like a man and our comforted by a cold beverage. The only way I would have liked this commercial more is if it was a beer commercial with the guys having a nice Budweiser afterwards. I give it a 4 out of 5. But this one by Teleflora takes the cake...





Talking flowers are always humorous, but insulting flowers that rip a girl apart on Valentine's Day and tell her "No one wants to see you naked", well that's down right hilarious. The reaction in her face makes it all worth it especially when the other office workers walk away except for Gary> Gary, most likely the office creep, tries to cheer her up but comes off as creepy anyways. It was effective in making me remember the funny commercial, and now I even know where to get good fresh, hand delivered, non-boxed flowers if I want to get a girl flowers. 5 out of 5! Thanks Teleflora! (this blog is not brought to you by Teleflora but sure wishes it was so I could make some money off of it)

All in all, it was a nice night with plenty of hard-hitting football action, humourous commercials, good trailers for movies I will lost likely see and like and a good dayoff from my life of sitting around and doing nothing!

No comments: