Monday, March 9, 2009

Artist of the Month

Music will now be on Mondays

U2

This month the new artist of the month is U2! I know what you're thinking. Did you do this because they just released their new album last week and the answer is a not-so-surprising...yes! I saved them for this month because of the release of the new album. I haven't yet purchased the new album but I have heard all the songs and I enjoy a fair a mount of them. it's not my favorite album, but there are certain songs that are favorite classics. Without going too much into who they are, I want to point out that they're a couple of boys from the land of Eire who rock (and roll) better than almost everyband out there! and they've been doing it for over 20 years. With Larry Mullen, Jr. on drums, Adam Clayton on bass, The Edge on guitar and backing vocals and the legendary Bono singing lead and guitar as well, they are one of the most well put-together bands of the late 20th century and early 21! They are one of my favorite bands and have the staying power of such greats as The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and Aerosmith. This month I will feature a new song and older song each week.

My first new song, from the new album No Line on the Horizon is the single "Get On Your Boots". It's a different song, for me, as I'm not the most devoted fans and I love the grungy/pop punk-ish vibe I get from the song. I couldn't get a good version of the music video so I have a live version form the Brit Awards 2009.

My choice for the first older song is my personal favorite by U2 is "Sweetest Thing". This song has always had a special place in my heart and it still does. Released as a single, and reportedly an apology to Bono's wife for forgetting her birthday during the Joshua Tree sessions, it is one of those songs that I really wish I wrote about someone. I have a Lego version of the music video and I think it's genius.

No comments: